Featured Post

Book Review: My Singapore Fling by Sudesna Ghosh

Greetings everyone,
My Singapore Fling by Sudesna Ghosh is her first Romance novel. The title will pique your interest. It did for me. Lets get to know how this Fling was ;)
Know about the book: Spotlight: My Singapore Fling by Sudesna Ghosh

Read our review of Sudesna's : Book Review: Just me, the Sink & the Pot by Sudesna Ghosh



Story:
Dipa is a 30+ single Bengali Author whose parents have given up hope of getting her married. Dipa is a workaholic Author who survives on expensive coffee and has a long list of expectations of the guy who will be her mate. But after a series of failed relationships she has given up on Love. She decides she just wants to do something different. She decides to fly to Singapore for 3 days & have fling(s). No strings attached.
Does she have her Singapore Fling? How does she go about it? What are the criteria she lists for the Fling guy?
Do buy and read this hilarious account of My Singapore Fling ;)

What I Liked:
The characters are funny, self analysing types, weird but compassionate too. Dipa is sketched as the imperfect girl who decides to do something out of her comfort zone. Her friends or the fling guys are hilarious. Selfie or the Tagore song guy had me ROFL.

The language is good and story flows smoothly barring a few typos.
Like I said in my review of Sudesna's book: Book Review: Just me, the Sink & the Pot by Sudesna Ghosh
She has the ability to weave a story out of our thoughts or ramblings.

I loved her description of airports & shopping knowledge she shared. I want to book an international flight & go shopping right now.

The life of an Author is described in between the stories. Friends and their advice is comical and original.

The feeling when you fall in love or remember old loves is penned perfectly.

This book should be enjoyed like you would enjoy a Govinda movie. Keep your brains aside and enjoy :D

What I wanted more:
Tightening the script a little. Though I read the book in 1-2 sittings & its hardly around 100 pages, I think it can loose a few pages to make it crisp.


Buy the book:

Do read and review the book.

Bye. Take care.

Comments