Featured Post

Author Interview : Sadhana Wadhwa of Unspoken, A Bouquet of Short Stories

Grab The Book's Author Interview : Sadhana Wadhwa of Unspoken, A Bouquet of Short Stories

Good day!

Today let’s welcome Debut Author Sadhana Wadhwa on our blog. We loved her Short Story

collection in Unspoken. Now we are going to get to know her better with some questions.


Grab The Book's Book Review: Unspoken by Sadhana Wadhwa

Book Review: Unspoken by Sadhana Wadhwa 


Grab The Book: Sadhana, do share some details about yourself.

Sadhana: I would like to identify myself as a bookworm first and then an IT Professional. I was bitten by the reading bug quite early in my life - was maybe about 7 or 8 years when I started. It’s become an addiction now. Then somewhere around the middle school, I started using writing as a mode of expressing myself. If not for the constant push (read taunts :D) by my better half, I would’ve definitely remained a closet writer forever.



Here are few questions for Sadhana:

Grab The Book:  Which is your Favorite story from this Bouquet of Short Stories?

Sadhana: Though “ Deliverance” is special, the closest to my heart would be “ The Doll ”, as it has a touch of the personal life as well. I know what it is to get your parents approval. I just took this tiny thought and wove a fictional story around it.


Grab The Book: Is any of the stories based on real life experience? 

Sadhana:  Except Stella and A Twist of Fate , each story has a touch of real life experience. It remains a secret if that real life incident has happened with me or something I have observed.


Grab The Book: How has the journey been from writing your first story to launching your first book?

Sadhana:  In one word - crazy! All of it happened so fast - from getting fed up of constant challenge posed by the “better half” about not paying it much attention, to finally starting compiling the stories, luckily finding my editor in Sonia Rao (thanks to Rubina Ramesh for the suggestion), and finally getting it all sorted.. I still remember the overwhelming feeling I had when I clicked on the submit button on KDP!


Grab The Book: What is the best part of being an Author? 

Sadhana: The liberty you get to bring your imagination to life, in the form of stories.


Grab The Book: What advice would you give upcoming Debut Authors? 

Sadhana: Don’t give up on writing that story you have. But, please don’t compromise on the editing part. I’ve read a lot of books by other debut authors and trust me, nothing has ever put me off like unedited/poorly edited ones. Self-editing is, of course, the first step but the professional editors exist for a reason.


Grab The Book: Any bouquets or brickbats from readers which hold special place for you?

Sadhana:  All the reviews I have received so far are special, but there’s one gentleman who had picked up Unspoken of free will and he said to me post reading - “I wish I could write as lucidly as you do. This was indeed the biggest compliment I have ever received..


Grab The Book: What have you planned next in your journey as Author? 

Sadhana:  Contrary to everyone’s suggestion to write full length stories, I am again working on a novella. It is a love story but a little different from the run of the mill. Also, there’s this suspense which I am trying to give a suitable

structure and conclusion to. Amidst all this, I am trying to get back to poetry and microfiction. It has been ages since I wrote those.


Grab The Book: Any writing quirk you have?

Sadhana:  I write in the most uncommon places. Also, most of the stories I have written are in the office. Of course, not impacting the work, but it gave me the boost which coffee couldn’t!


Grab The Book: Thank you Sadhana for joining us today and sharing about your journey as an Author.

Sadhana: Appreciate getting this opportunity, and loved hearing your feedback on Unspoken. Thank you !

Connect with Sadhana at:

Grab the Book at: 


Bye. Take care.

Comments