Featured Post

Book Review : The Cheeseburst Arranged Marriage by Prisha Lalwani

Grab The Book: Book Review: The Cheeseburst Arranged Marriage by Prisha Lalwani



Good day!
New Author on the Block ;)
Introducing Prisha Lalwani with her Debut Book: The Cheeseburst Arranged Marriage.
I know Prisha as a mommy blogger (@mummasauruss) and mom of the #twinadoes. Her posts are funny, informative and about real life. 
When she released her Debut Book, I loved how the Blurb read. This book will remind you about your love or courtship period. Be ready to have goosebumps, be nostalgic throughout the day and have butterflies in your tummy ;) It did that for me.
I wanted to tell Prisha, "Hey this is exactly my Story as well. Chesseburst but Spicy wali too ;)".   




Story:

Ira is a working young lady staying in Delhi. Her parents stay in Varanasi. She comes home for the Diwali weekend. Next day she is asked to accompany her parents to meet a Prospective groom called Manav. Ira being a psychologist finds the guy very weird. She also doesnt believe in love. But as destiny would have it, their horoscopes match and in 2 days Ira is engaged to Manav. She is clueless as to why Manav is even interested in her. Manav is full of cheesy lines. He says he is in Love with her. But Ira wants to hold her heart in a fortress and mentally dismisses this declaration of love.
Manav doesnt let go easily and is hell bent on pursuing Ira till she says Yes. He need not take the efforts since its an Arranged Marriage but he fights tooth and nail for Ira's heart.

Will the fortress crumble? Will Ira let Manav into her heart and life? How will married life be for these two strangers tied for atleast a lifetime ?

Grab The Book and find out:


What I liked:

The warm, fuzzy feeling of new found love blooming. It grew gradually. 
The story is narrated in such a way it makes you feel it is your own story or your best friends/sisters story to which you were witness. 

First the confusion, the irritation girls feel when you are of marriageable age as per society. Parental pressure and their teachings stop you from giving yourself and love a chance. The insecurity and self-bashing you do for all the shortcoming you think you have. Hence you build walls around you to keep yourself from getting hurt. All this from a young girls point of view is shown clearly. It is described in such simple words that you can relate to it. I was nodding my head most times in understanding.

I could feel the inner war happening in Ira. I could also understand the reason for it. I loved how Manav shows maturity and helps Ira find her way around to acknowledge her feelings. This is what builds trust and faith in a couple. 

Trust Prisha to give a dose in human psychology and humor together for many situations in the story. I loved each character in the story. Hugs to new family I found in these pages.

The cheesy lines of Manav are "OMG, did he just say that"  :D Ira was not far behind in making us go ROFL. This story was really funny, full of emotions, love (not chees) oozing out, chemistry as well as thoughtful. Hey Prabhu bless these two ;) 



 
The language is simple and good. Story plot and script are tight. No extra pages or details.
The story flow was consistent.

The rituals and preparations explained beautifully. Loved the way the message of: adapt as per the current age and don't just blindly follow rituals, is given subtly everywhere. It was shown in Ira's MIL's way of welcoming her home or tapping of foot in one of the games or involving Ira in all the preparations and decisions for the marriage.

Loved the last dialogue. It was total Aww...heart melt moment. 

I am glad I read this book. It resonates my story too.
I would like to say,
Love yourself first. Love will find you. That special someone will find you if you really know yourself. Give the correct signals/vibrations out to the universe. Then break the walls you have built around yourself.

What I wanted more:

This book was like, Aah, balm to the heart when your better half is ready to jump on all your nerves :D and was like Manav in courtship period. Then what happened later?
I want to know what happens in Ira and Manav's life after marriage :D I am rubbing my hands in glee. Bring it on Prisha ! The Real Story of Arranged turned love Marriage :D


Grab The Book:



I am sure you loved the review. So do #GrabTheBook, read it and leave a review on Amazon and Goodreads
Share your reviews with me too.

Bye. Take care.

Comments

Avanti said…
Interesting script. Will surely read. Thanks fir sharing.
Nilima Mohite said…
:) Yes it is an interesting retelling of a Real life story. Go Grab The Book and let me know. Thank you for the comment.